Life has a way of presenting us with the very experiences and reflections we require to move forward. I had a fascinating experience this last week that I want to share with you. I purchased a new iMAC and decided to sell a relatively new 24” flat-screen monitor that I wasn’t using. I put an ad on Craigslist, and the very next day I had a gentleman at my door picking up my monitor. He was an incredibly nice fellow, and we had a very pleasant but unspecific conversation about life, geography and the weather. He left in his California-style BMW convertible, and I went back to my work and my world.
The very next day I received a voicemail from that nice gentleman that enlightened my world:
“I didn’t realize that you are the guy who wrote my favorite book this year. I’ve got the Manual For Living at home and I was astounded to find out afterward that it was you…One my all time favorite books.”
A beautiful message from someone I had not previously met other than our chance encounter over the internet. I was incredibly moved by his message. Sometimes we put tremendous effort into things that we ourselves find meaningful, without full understanding of the repercussions of our efforts. We rarely know whose lives we touch from the actions we take. We don’t know all whose paths we cross as we continue our journey.
We can get so caught up in the monotony of our lives, and the chaos around us, but in between, we do our part to listen to our truth and follow our path. The reverberations of our service continue far beyond what we could ever see, hear, or even imagine. The lives we touch carry forward for generations. The reward of a life of service is so much more than anything that can be bought or acquired. The gift of service is experienced and felt from the epicenter of our being – as the basis for true happiness and fulfillment.
TRAVEL & SEMINAR SCHEDULE – Looking to learn more about the Manual For Living, or do you want to meet me in person? I have a handful of events coming up over the next 4 weeks.
Denver, COLORADO – February 13th, and 22nd
- Book Lecture, Reading and Signing – February 13th, at 2:00pm in Denver, Colorado at the Shining Lotus Metaphysical Bookstore, 2178 S. Colorado Blvd.
- A SPECIAL BOOK EVENT about the Meaning of Life! February 22nd, from 7-9pm in Denver, Colorado At For Heaven’s Sake Bookstore. Explore the Manual For Living – Learn How To Find Happiness and True Fulfillment. Admission is $10 in advance ($15 at the door) or $25 including the Manual For Living, located at 4900 West 46th Avenue. This event will be a powerful and intimate gathering. Seating is limited! We recommend reserving your ticket in advance, or arriving early the day of the event. For tickets, call 303-964-9339.
- This event was original scheduled for February 2nd but was postponed due to the inclement weather – we apologize for any inconvenience.
Sedona, ARIZONA – March 4th
- Book Lecture, Reading and Signing – March 4th, at 7:00pm in Sedona, Arizona at the Well Red Coyote Bookstore located at 3190 West Highway 89A, #400.
Payson, ARIZONA – March 5th
- Book Lecture, Reading and Signing – March 5th, at 12:00pm in Payson, Arizona at the East West Exchange located at 100 N Tonto Street #102 (928) 468-2435.
Until next time,