Yes, it’s that time of year when we are teased with warmth yet reminded of the remnants of winter. Being in Colorado, I enjoy living in a region where we fully experience the four seasons – although I do find myself drawn to the motion of the ocean from time to time. If only I could find the tranquility of the Rocky Mountains, combined with the warmth of the Costa Rican ocean…I could have everything I desire in my environment.
This season we tend to talk about “spring cleaning”, so I wanted to take a few moments to talk about letting go. Physically, we cannot “go” anywhere without leaving our current location, and similarly we cannot ever move forward in life unless we are able to release the past. The past I refer to includes people, experiences, emotions, sensations, commitments, beliefs – anything and everything that is standing in the way of who we want to be or choose to be in our life.
We can identify those elements of our life that are inconsistent with our truth, with who we desire ourself to be. However, we tend to get complacent with the people and things in our lives, even if they are not supportive of where we want to be. That being said – this is the time to identify and release…to free yourself to become exactly the person you desire yourself to be – not tomorrow but today…not in the future, but in this very moment.
10 ways to FULLY and COMPLETELY release the past:
- Say No. No, I’m not talking about drugs… Just say no to the commitments that stand in the way of what you truly desire. There is only so much time and energy in the day – so focus on what matters most, and be content to say no to anything that exists outside of who you choose to be.
- Say Goodbye. CIAO to those people in your world who aren’t supportive or aren’t a part of your future. Bite the bullet and release those people who aren’t in alignment with who you are. Say goodbye to old relationships, jobs, acquaintances, or connections that are clearly part of your past.
- Say Hello. By releasing the people that stand in the way of what you desire, you are now in a position to welcome into your life NEW people, a new community of supporters and fans who will help you create the life you desire.
- Say YES. Say yes to something new and expand your horizons. Change it up, mix it up, and step out of the patterns you have created throughout your life. We can get complacent and stuck by reliving the patterns of yesterday – so SAY YES to something new and create the life you desire right now.
- Forgive Others. To fully release others you have to be willing to forgive them for whatever you feel that they may have done. The past is the past – and it’s time to move on…let it go and embrace the present moment before you. Release them and by doing so, release yourself to move on and experience the greatness of the present moment.
- Forgive Yourself – Nobody is perfect…try to not to be so hard on yourself. Take a few moments to forgive yourself – fully and completely. Be kind to yourself – you are who you choose to be in every moment…release the past and enjoy what life has in store for you.
- Breathe. Go back to basics. Take a few moments to breathe your deepest breaths of the day. Breathe out fully to release any stuck energy, and breathe in fully to embrace the clean and new energy of the present moment. Allow your body to relax and release any tension – which will allow you to settle into the moment before you.
- Be Grateful. There is always ample time to express your gratitude. Be grateful for what life has to offer and for everything you have received in your life. Express your gratitude as often as possible – and let appreciation set the tone for what you desire.
- Laugh. Don’t take life so seriously – enjoy yourself. Be present to all of the amazing experiences around you. Finding humor in your life will allow you to let go and enjoy the moment before you. Humor can release your stress, and help you reconnect to your truth. LAUGH a little…and see the affect on your life.
- Commit to your life. Commit and recommit to your truth, to what you believe in. Its not always easy, but your truth is always patiently waiting in the sunshine or in the shadows for you to embrace your reason for being alive. Be bold, be daring, and be committed to your life and your dreams. If you ever lose it…just find it again – but never give up.
Remember, nobody can fulfill your path in life. Right now – this is your time, to step forward and to follow your dreams. Nobody said it would be easy, but the reward is in the path, in the journey, and in your ability to live your greatness and to be of service.
If you haven’t had a chance to watch my free true happiness immersion videos, I invite you to do so (www.ManualForLiving.com).
Until next time, many blessings,
Seth David Chernoff is the award-winning author of the acclaimed Manual For Living book series. He was given the amazing gift of life after surviving cancer on two separate occasions. He is an inspiring leader and an in-demand speaker, trainer and coach. Seth has helped thousands of people find true happiness and fulfillment through his books, seminars, and lectures. Seth’s life-changing message reaches over 20,000 people a month and his work has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, San Francisco Chronicle, Popular Mechanics, Business Week, USA Today, and on hundreds of TV and radio interviews nationally and internationally. As the founder of True Happiness Immersion, Chernoff is a leading expert on Happiness & Fulfillment. Learn more at www.SethChernoff.com.